Sunday 27 April 2014

Text Guy

My father balanced his glasses midway on his nasal septum.My mother sat with folded arms and a grim expression. Mr. Engineer, I was clueless you were  classified as a, 'bahut badiya rishta'. Details of the conversation were demanded word by word. My age is reflecting on my memory , I suppose, as I could provide with only bits of the entire episode.

The drama thankfully lasted for a day only. Its only the beginning,there are many fish in the sea, some said. Well, I got a breather for a week. All this while I researched and questioned the.' happily ever lived after' couples, the arranged marriage duos and the so call love-arranged marriage birdies, how did you know this is the one!! 

I googled and watched almost every video on arranged marriage on you tube.Fairy tale weddings and Fat Indian weddings . I scanned through  articles, questioned in online forums and memorized the important questions  in the arranged marriage checklist.Now that's a lot of hard work.

My next catch flowed in few weeks . A software engineer on an assignment in the USA for the next two years. He was the Text guy. In this technologically advanced world, he only chose to watsapp me. We never spoke. Skype was a distant idea.

He described himself as a sweet person emphasizing that he  can be . 'naughty' at times. I laughed reading ' naughty'  as it sent my brainwaves in all different directions.

 I still cant figure out what went wrong with him or was he even human or a spammer.I do realise  you can't always believe  and rely on online matrimonial . But this was insane. How do you know someone via whatsapp?  I might say, 'go to hell' in a comical way but when I text it you may feel offended. Texting loses the tone of the conversation. I was tired of placing the emoticons to explain what I really mean. You see, I can be sarcastic too, at times.

                                               
So my dear Text guy disappeared suddenly..My ' how are you?' was left unanswered one day. He disappeared. I waited for two more days but thanks to technology, ' last seen at..' made it very clear, that one man just lost his chance to woo an amazing girl..:)!!

His loss , my gain.. Who knew what followed was  a cute handsome guy who just swept me off the floor...dreamy eyes...did we last...did we make it...until next time...keep reading.

No comments: