Monday 28 April 2014

The Charmer...Part I

The tension began to surge high. The matrimonial section of Sunday newspapers were  pounced upon.Heads were hot at times. Boy,where art thou?

 Amidst all the nags and snags,  I turned 29 on the 10th of March. We visited the temple.  The  Panditji advised, a sure shot formula of finding a groom. A Monday fast,for the next two months should suffice. My stomach gurgled, at the very thought of ' fasting'. I nodded in agreement ,while my mum looked on. She knew,  her'butter chicken' daughter ,would not make such huge sacrifices!

The rest of the day went presumably quiet. Except a call from my distant aunt," Good news ji, Esha is getting married. Did you find someone for Simran?".  My mother swallowed her pride and said," guys are plenty but  you know how fussy Simran is". Yes, you heard it right., ' fussy'. I didn't even have the option to say, 'no'.As the stress increased, the search rose exponentially. 26 yrs old Esha was tying the knot ,while, 29yrs old Simran, was tinting her greys with Henna. Kitty party aunty knew the root cause of the problem- It's her weight.

The tyres exist but are  never  so  evident. The exquisite lower looks  glam when draped  in a saree. The googly-woogly cheeks are totally kissable and cute. Being on the healthier side is a boon.Don't they say guys like slightly plump girls.Excuse my candour,but I find nothing wrong with my body type to shoo off any guy. Auntyji, I am happy the way I look.

While I debated whether to wear  netted sari or a shimmery lehenga for dear Esha's wedding.,he came into existence.I was practicing on ' Balam Pichkari', dance performance on the forthcoming wedding.I saw two missed calls on my phone.A message appeared. The top Business School grad, the Charmer was here. Before I could call. The phone rang. The persuasion was flattering.

 George Clooney's voice and Leonardo'scharm exuded from the other end. He spoke smoothly.He encouraged me to talk.He laughed at my silly jokes.Complimented me for my sense of humor.He seemed genuinely impressed with my interest in Literature and painting which were humdrum compared to his interests in rock climbing and  scuba diving. He was 5'11, fair and handsome. What was the  sexiest thing about him-he could cook! Throughout the conversation, I laughed and laughed,.He did not make me feel silly.

Who could sleep that night..we just wanted to talk. Was he the one or did he know, 'Hasee toh Fase'!


Till next time..

PS - We  had the same favorite song...I was happy.

No comments: