Thursday 26 June 2014

Roman-tick!

Hello folks, I received a call from the customer care service of one of the matrimonial websites,  announcing the expiry of my account and offering a rebate on yearly services. She sounded animated while explaining the various schemes whereas my focus was stuck at the mention of,  'yearly'! Salt in wound, did she underestimate my scope to find a husband?With time , I have become a tough nut and my parents are adjusting as well.

Nevertheless,  some of you may think how impish it is to have a deadline to find a groom.Moreover, you want to harp, commit when the heart feels right and the gut doesn't squirm. I have all these politically correct notions embedded in my mind.But, isn't it an arranged marriage where you dive relying on you parents, siblings, uncles, aunts and your dog's instincts and likings . Alright,  I am being too paranoid and judgemental,  your own heart collaborates with the brain and churns some sensory-motor responses which pushes you for the insane dive.

So, I have been introspecting lately. Those who envision me as a grumpy, grey haired 29 years old woman desperate to get married, allow me to rectify your distorted vision.I am a fairly attractive and an amiable person who finds her wide ear to ear grin sexier than the kiss in the air pout! I'm down rightly sarcastic but all in good faith. The grey hair part is true and I am not desperate to marry to break my  'virginity ka vrat.'
         
I have a bunch of married friends with a common complaint - romance dies after the first two years of marriage. Mind you, these were the ones truly , deeply and madly in love with each other . The flowers wilt in the first year and the kisses fade by the second.By the fifth, surprise is an obsolete term.The demand for a birthday present,  is a cake. Apparently,  this is the happily married package.When I re read this part, it sounds very biased and negative. No offense, I still believe in the happy romantic couples!

As my Mr. Shy claims, setting the expectations right at the outset . Now,  thats an unrealistic claim . What life sans the surprise of a rose, an unexpected hug and a tiffany box! Surprisingly,  shy and me are friends now.He is a typical man when it comes to owning up a  mistake but doesnt let me frown for long . He is still not vocal about his feelings but doesn't imply that he  is immune to me.I have been completely impulsive and obnoxious;I made him say, 'I like you' ;almost at gunpoint. He looked so adorably shy, with  his eyes go into the most conspicuous involuntary reflex!

No, I am not sending you any wrong signals.We are 'just friends'.Love will come, when he willingly massages my tired feet and I happily ignore  that he didn't notice my new haircut!keep laughing...xoxo

No comments: