Sunday 31 August 2014

So, would you like to go ahead?

I tried to maintain my composure after settling  and unsettling my hair ten times. I was brimming with joy  and kept a constant track on my phone. He could be home any time.

Mr. Shy was in India and this weekend he was visiting me. After all these months, finally.

My heart did not skip a beat nor my cheeks were burning red. He was just 500 meters away now and I walked to bring him home. If only, happiness had a description. I was enthusiastic to meet this guy seen and heard only across the screen.Honestly, there was no air of romantic love though, but there was love.

From a distance, I saw this guy walking  down, leaning towards the left, one hand in pocket and the other holding a box. A view closer and it was him.I went running into him ( like Kajol in DDLJ) and thankfully did not push him on the ground.

Is he the one?I silenced the thousand questions popping in my mind. I was happy . I could see him in flesh and blood. I was thrilled.

We were left comfortably in each others company. Within a few minutes, he asked me in the least romantic way, if I was willing to go ahead. Roses and rings,  went down the drains.I didn't let this disappoint me.It was a small  but a significant desire of the bigger picture. At the same time,  I wasn't in a jiffy to reply.
He was persistent as usual.He calmly asked me again at lunch.It was important for me to know what made him think that we were a match. The response was simple, 'I just feel right about it'.

Even though it's an arranged marriage , I have never negated the essence of love. I wanted to marry for love. I knew , I am fond of this guy, who can be extremely cold and indifferent. But,then I respected  him for what he is sans any imitation and diplomacy. He is not dominating or overpowering. I can always get my point across even though he may not agree. We can have squabbles but he's always there . He doesn't admit to his mistakes and that annoys me . He notices the unnoticeable about me . Love? He was not in love and  he cleared  it.

By the evening,  he asked again. I refused.. He concealed his disappointment with a straight face.I looked at him one last time.I felt my heart shredding. So, this was it, I won't see you again, I won't fight with you again,you won't make me smile again,you wont be there around anymore? He had such a control on his nerves . He didn't demand any reason. He was upset  and got up to leave. And my heart winced,' Oh, why couldn't your reason be love?' I didn't want him to go.

The adieu hug suddenly transformed into a never ending one.As tears rolled down my cheeks,he kissed me.The silly No was actually a jubilant Yes!!

Relationships can't be reasoned out.You just know it in your gut.Whether it's the stars which conspired us to meet or the matrimonial website  magic,we were to happen and  we are together. Only if, happiness could be described in a sound or a word.

He doesn't know if its love  but we are here to stay.I still hope, he will go down on his knees and propose  me with a ring , when he knows its love. The box was an exquisite brand of chocolates,  bought on discount.  We are getting married! And, I am in love, not hopelessly or passionately,  but in love and couldn't have loved anybody else more!

No comments: