Wednesday 14 May 2014

Counter View- Raj.

''It feels like my vertebral column will crush under the load. My body feels torn out and my calves  (wish you were leaner) have constant pain. I have to investigate whether the heart is pumping or  has undergone sclerosis.I am fatigued and forlorn. I can't do this!!''

The above amplified version of my state was presented with the best of my acting abilities. My all time favorite audience ( read parents) was shocked and stirred. They did explain to  me, I was not the first and only one in this entire universe who was to get married. My theatrical skills are well known to my parents so they did not entirely give in to it, however, I was offered a luxurious spa therapy to melt away the stresses and lift my spirits. In addition, a one week breather of 'NO BOYS TALK'.

Irrespective of your gender,I feel its essential for all of us to detoxify our bodies. I strongly recommend all of you to take a day out and decompress yourself.It will replenish your body, mind and soul. I untangled my thoughts and had a good sleep after ages.

I love blogging my experiences but did not have the faintest clue that someone would know who the real Simran is.I wonder if it was his guess or I gave in too early. But what followed was an interesting conversation on the ordeal of marriage.It the same for both  the sexes.
                             


Raj, works in the US and had been to India sometime back. In his words.''*majority* of my trip was focused on getting married'.' We related how it feels like a struggle after ' everything right you have done in life'. Curiously, I asked him what would be his choice of girl. I don't wish to stereotype the entire men folk looking for ,'fair slim beautiful' , so his opinion came as a welcoming change.Precisely, he pointed out three aspects:

1) a similar frequency especially in sense of humor
2) a girl should know how to look after herself
3)a minimum level in looks is desired
above 2) points , quite important

Love yourself before you can love others, point taken. Following on , we touched on the traditional  gender based  roles. I personally, would want the guy to take the lead and yes kill me/tag me/ brand me but you get down on  your knees and propose( you can always make it better).:)!!

He countered , how tough in some situations women make it to approach them plus ,'we are not all James Bond when it comes to confidence'."Why should I do it all the time" crosses the head often.Well from the inside ,you might be dying to hear the three words but the guy doesn't know it.!

As to how he escaped the 'parent trap ', the bombarding questions about' the girl'?He coolly replied, 'I always tell my mom either  you give me the option to marry more than once and then I could marry the girl u show me next day.'

When the conversation flows and is not forced, the vulnerability and connectivity is inevitable.Well, that was some sense there.That was ' Click' for him.

Rest , I was charged with stealing one hour of his dear sleep, I promised to blog about our conversation some day. After all it was worth it !

No comments: