Wednesday 23 April 2014

Steady Go!

My beautiful people,I am back. Let me update you about the past two  thrilling months.

I  made my debut in two promising matrimonial websites.After four hours of Picassa,I shortlisted five of my edited ,best pics .After deep scrutiny by my parents ,two of them won a place at the website.While I still try to maintain my sanity, the entire shaadi concept rings like a war bell in my ears.

I see myself as a funny person, open to slapstick humor, I might make few digs on the guys I have spoken /text ed/met but its all in good faith. If you reading the blog feel you are one of it.Laugh it out. The search still continues for us.

My journey embarked on the 15th of January. I came home after a jog and my parents looked more than happy to see me.They turned the laptop towards me, signalled at the tall dark handsome guy. Engineer with a fat bank account. Thankfully not seeking, ' fair ,young ,slim ,beautiful bride'. I wanted to dash inside the room like retro hindi movies, when the sister says, 'didi aapke liye rishta aya hai.' I stayed there in anticipation to know more about the ' groom -in -the- making'.

So, it was all set, Mr Engineer would give me a call. I tried to get a hang on my nerves and take things in my stride. I was nervous and excited. I revised all the advise I had received from my friends and sisters. The only advise my mother gave me, 'don't scare the boy'!

The phone buzzed and I let out two breaths and five rings to go. With my sweetest voice I managed a hello.The voice on the other side was calm and confident. He knew exactly how to talk. He measured his words and made the right pauses. I was fluttering and stuttering and told him excitedly it was my first interaction for matrimony. In my rambling , I questioned him how many he had spoken to. I now realize, my enthusiasm was more towards finally having things in action rather than knowing the guy.

Things sounded good  and I almost saw the 'sehara' on his head. Until the question of my professional growth popped up. I straightened up to him that I was career oriented and would like to pursue my profession after marriage. A chuckle and a sarcastic, ' career oriented' echoed from the other side.
The fog settled. I saw my watch . One good hour was well experienced. Nice to speak with you Mr. Engineer, good luck with everything.

I  felt happy.I finally entered the battle field. I know I am a bit paranoid about marriage, I blurt but not hurt but I know what I do not want in my husband. You were nice Mr. Engineer, but just not Mr. Right!



No comments: