Tuesday 7 January 2014

Ready!

 A  big warm hello to my dear readers.

Well, to begin  with , I will be very honest that I am writing under the pseudonym of ' Simran'.Reasons disclosed in the following paragraphs.I am 28, young pretty vibrant girl. I am single and live with  my parents whose current mission is to  ‘find a suitable boy’. Importantly, I have been jobless for sometime and it sucks big time.

Well, so why Simran you may ask. Yes, as a teen , I have vicariously lived the life of Kajol  in DDLJ. Please note , only while romancing with Shahrukh Khan. My entire khandaan is widely spread over social networking sites. From my 12 y old cousin who updates her FB pic every week to my 60 yrs old dad who checks  his BBC app  on his I Pad every morning, they all are just a click away .So what I share here are real incidents of my life which will be totally uncalled for from my family’s viewpoint.
I never understood the concept of arranged marriages and moreover, the latest terminology of love-cum-arranged marriages.I was dating someone and we loved each other to the bones. We envisioned marriage 2013. As fate had it, I got dumped.

I still want to get married. I want to marry for love , freedom and happiness. I want kids by the time I am 30. So I am with my parents on their mission to marryher.com . But wait who said our approach is the same?

Marriage feels like a compromise to e right now.I may be wrong and I hope I am proved wrong.I clearly don’t understand what people mean when they say, ‘ we clicked’. I don’t hold  the love at first sight philosophy nor the  idea of ‘marry at first meeting '. I clearly need help from all you wonderful happily married people , how did you know it ?How did you manage to find your Mr. Right through an arranged set up? Or How are you surviving it?

I know I a not alone in this. One of you is like me.You might ridicule me that at 28,I am still relying on my parents and a matrimonial website.You want to shout at me and yell, goo out , look around, find a match.Or maybe focus on getting a job  marriage will happen. Know, these may be your questions, but these are screaming in my mind as well.

But , I am open to all. Tell me how to do it the arranged marriage way.We can share.

I love you guys for your patient reading.I have soo much to tell, ask and know.

Till then, 'Ja Simran, Jee Le apni Zindagi'.

No comments: