Sunday 11 May 2014

The chocolate guy!

 I have started deep introspection. Is there something really wrong with me? Or is it, that my family's perception has altered.I feel really sad ,when I see my parents tensed and exasperated.How the entire focus of my life, rather everyone's life has changed, towards my marriage.No one no longer cares about their own lives. 'Marriage' you are truly something!

After a long melodrama, the search resumed. Though in every two days, my inability to pin a guy, was highlighted. That quite did not steal the enthusiasm, I had for Esha's wedding.Lest , someone remarked,' always the bridesmaid, when will she become the bride??' I connected instantly with Katherine Heigl's ,27 Dresses. Was it finally coming to this??

Nevertheless, Guy No. 3 arrived. He was sweet to talk, though he mostly mumbled. Total health freak and would gym everyday.He asked me a quick set of questions, which included my favorite color. He had a huge friend circle, was active, muscular, well educated , almost ticked all boxes in my checklist. But there was something missing. Now was there something really wrong with me?

Well, we chatted for a few days, skyped occasionally but I always felt my interest trailing. Honestly, there was nothing wrong in this guy. Incidentally, he even had a favorite picture of mine among the several photo shopped ones on Facebook!

My parents were keeping their fingers crossed. I was gradually becoming the 'villain' of my own Shaadi. Well,within a week , I received a surprise box of cake, chocolates ,roses and teddies. Did I tell you, I don't like chocolates? It was charming but there was something missing.Everything seemed to happen too soon.He took instant liking when he barely knew me. He felt I was awesome for some exaggerated pictures of mine on Fb . Was it me or toll of the search looming over me?

I couldn't say him a ' No' but I wasn't willing to say a 'Yes'. I just couldn't connect a chord with him. He had an image of me,' pretty, prim and proper'.
                                   

I feel comfortable in my polka dot pajamas and more in my cheque shorts.I wear long  plus size Tshirts and   thick black glasses. I  complete my nerdy look ,with greasy black tresses. I look like a  geek but feel all cool. I talk all crap but I mean all good. I  get all impulsive but I mean no harm. I definitely love to be pampered and cared but not always with chocolates and flowers.

Guy no. 3  was a closed story.I was growing weary now. Did I lack the prowess to get a guy or I was too choosy, I don't know. Was I beginning to doubt myself? Will I even get married? I found my sanity,  feel the tremors of the hunt!!

No comments: