Monday 9 June 2014

Shy and Me!

I have been tapping my feet to the peppy, 'London Thumukda', from the movie 'Queen'. I was overwhelmed to watch, Rani's  unique way to nurse her broken heart. I did not feel alone. She toured her 'honeymoon'  by herself  and found the true calling of her heart.I pour out my heart in this blog , in hope , that ,one day it will strike me who is the right guy!

Shri Shy and I have been meeting online (did you think in my dreams? Sigh,no!) and its been almost been three months now. Surprisingly, this has been  the longest  tête-à-tête, with a suitor . Pat on my back. I did not scare him , mummyji and papaji. His normalcy is quite leveled against my craziness. 

We started off on a perfect note. He appeared to be absolutely downright and easy. Even though he couldn't count any hobby or activity on  his finger tips, you couldn't say his life was dull and prosaic. He is just laid back and I am fizzy, effervescent.We crossed a week of chatting. My friends thought, he was the perfect match for me.'Opposites Attract'.

By week two, it dawned on me that a shut mouth, did not mean attentive ears. Now ,this guy was painfully quiet. I wondered, if his vocal chords had rusted. I was always enthusiastic, to chirp about the minutest  thing, in  my life and all he would return, is a wry smile. He came across as uninterested. I had sworn, to give in my best, in knowing a worthy suitor, for at least the first month.He remained stubbornly quiet but I never relented.'Opposites barely-Interact'.

Weeks three and four were worse. I was talking to a wall. The weirdest part being, I was still chatting.I was just so fascinated, to know someone,this locked up.I am loquacious but it can be totally exhausting ,when the recipient refuses to respond.  He was calm,like the deep waters of the ocean and nothing  could create any ripples. Apparently, there was nothing amiss with him except his nonchalance and indifference. However, I was not upbeat ,to thaw the ice, all by myself. Friends said, "not all can be expressive" and  family argued, "give him more time, to open up". Meanwhile, I debated between the head and the heart.'Opposites Subtract.'

Was he the 'safe guy'( the guy who doesn't hit on you)? Was he the polite, meek guy? Was I not picking the signal that he is not interested?Was he the smart ass playing the chase game?Was he multitasking and weighing his options? Was he gay?

What is it with opposites attract? What if it causes  resentment and disdain in the long run. Is it enough to survive  a marriage?I hate all the questions running in my head. So , I leave it to destiny. I journal my feelings, 'my tryst with the terrific suitors' and I do 'london Thumukda' my own style!


'Never let your differences, make such a huge difference, that it distances two hearts.'

No comments: